Sunday, February 7, 2010

Hw 38 (

I'm sure people will first look at it and question the connection between cool and this art piece. Depending on which aspect of cool you are focusing on, it may not make sense, but if someone truly believes that "cool" is generated by the individual him/herself and not by society then they will eventually see how symbolic the circle is. The shape of a circle is very solid and has no gaps which represents stability and confidence. The word "self" represents your belief and how you should prioritize you judgments and opinions over everyone else's. 
I wanted to make something simple, yet complex enough that people will observe and question its simplicity. It really is a illustration of my own perspective on cool. It started off as brainstorming ideas, but that got me no where so I decided to draw something that symbolizes my philosophy on cool.
I personally don't like art, mainly because Im terrible at it. But I do admire artists who can express multiple emotions through visual art. I find it to be cool since Its an source of entertainment that doesn't necessarily distract you constantly, and you can observe it until you are satisfied unlike movies that have something constantly happening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment