Monday, December 7, 2009

HW 27

Interviews

The first guy we walked up to seemed to be a tourist, but a very laid back one, ones that don't necessarily follow the traditional annoying and obnoxious stereotypes of tourists in NYC.
Question 1: What do you think is cooler, Mac vs. PC?
"PC is cooler because it is not as new and it is still around."
Question 2:"That's a hard question...I don't know. It's hip individual, someone who doesn't try to go down the same path and doesn't think they are cool. Someone who struggles but still comes out with a smile is cool."
I agreed with him when he first stated the question to be difficult to answer. Yet he thought for a bit and pulled it off. I found his first answer "Someone who dosen't try to go down the same path" to be expected from most people, but I personally liked his answer "Someone who struggles but still comes out with a smile".

The second guy we interviewed was also in Madison Sq. Park...as well as the others we interviewed throughout the day. This guy seemed to be a typical male office worker. With a Blackberry in hand, he seemed to be enjoying the weather outside. We found out that he was quite and amusing individual.
Question 1: "Mac vs. PC which is cooler?"
He answered "Macs, they are more fun". Like most people we interviewed, most of them werent ready for the questions, not knowing much about what we are trying to acheive from this activity. He seemed a bit confused durring the whole interview session.
Question 2: Do you consider yourself cool?
"I consider myself cool because I am a good person but I can't pinpoint cool on one thing so I don't really know." I think he did a very good job brushing off the topic in order to end the awkward interview. It didn't seem like he cared much about what we were trying to get out of him. He answered in a very simple manner, but he seemed like a funny guy.

The third person we interviewed was a young lady enjoying her lunch. She seemed like a very nice person, and was smiling and laughing the whole time, and answered our questions thoughtfully.
Question 1: "Mac vs. PC which is cooler?"
"Macs are for more artistic people". Even though it didn't really answer the question, we got to know that she probably admires artists.
Question 2: "What does cool mean to you?"
She answered: You wanna know what I think is cool!? Whatever seems fresh...I think places to eat, style...style is a big deal in New York City." Seemed like she was shocked that we wanted her opinion on such a topic. She really did a good job summing up a good number of aspects that construct a cool individual. Especially in a urban enviorment like NYC, fashion isn't the only thing that represents a person.
Question 3: "Do you think your cool?"
She answered: "I think for wherever I am in life I try to embrace what I have." She seems like she dosent really judge people too strictly. Her comment made me predict that she enjoys living life easy, and not stressing over things. I thought she was pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment