Monday, October 26, 2009

HW 15

First off, I'd like to definitely appreciate your consistency in work habits and the effort you put into your posts. I can see the depth of thought in every one of your posts. Also the tone of your posts are very relaxed and seem to feel real, without all the crap that usually makes me have a hard time appreciating and comprehending peoples ideas. This also enhances the readability of your posts, it never feels like a burden to read no matter how long it is. 
After reading your post on the two texts, the part where you restated the fact that reading can cause isolation really stood out to me. Since it was also one of my most thoughtful insights on the whole excerpt I felt glad that it shows some significance to someone other than myself. Also your understanding of the text was very similar to mine. I feel like you also felt that the author did a very good job resisting the need to insert a biased statement about either topics.

I had a talk with my brother regarding the quote "Art is not a Mirror with which to reflect the World. It is a Hammer with which to shape it." Your opinion that Feed is more like a mirror resembles my brother's insight almost completely. The freedom he lets the readers have of creating their own beliefs about the advancement of technology lets the readers aware and gives them a topic to think over. Though I don't agree with the fact that he didn't portray a biased insight. I think the way the story unraveled showed more negative outcomes of the Feed than the positive aspects of it, which makes me feel as if Anderson wants us to approach the situation as a conflict. 

In all honesty, I don't want you to change anything about your posts. I find that the quality and quantity of your work is just what Im looking for. It leaves me with a sense of satisfaction.

Keep up what you've been doing from the start. If there is anything you'd personally like to change or try in your posts I encourage you to do so. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work in the future. 

1 comment: