Tuesday, November 3, 2009

HW #17

Hannah

Its hard to determine if your arguments are good enough without a thesis to connect back to, but knowing you I'm sure you'll be able to construct one based off all the evidence you will be using throughout your paper. 
Also you don't know how much of a headache I got from trying to analyze the meaning of your EQ. Definitely not saying its not a good one, but I couldn't make much sense of what your getting at. So I'm looking forward to observe how you are gonna pull it off. If you can answer this question it'd be great: "If our consciousness is a representation, then what is reality?". 
I see that overall, you try to reference the usefulness of technology and luxury of having it around us. I like how your focusing on it since I also am, but in a different way so it fits right in with my thesis. 

One thing that I still feel confused about is where you will be fitting in the theory that our consciousness is a representation. I see that you are going to talk about romanticism, but I'm still not seeing how it can completely cover as an answer for a question as big as "Is it partly because our consciousness is itself a kind of representation of reality?". 
Regardless Im looking forward to the outcome of your paper.
Good Luck!


Jace

I'd like you to organize the thesis and arguments. I think its going to be hard to write a whole paper based on one specific piece of technology, but it seems like you are loaded with information based on cellphone usage. I also like that you are connecting our connection with our phones to relationships with our lovers. It helps us make connections while deepening our insight. I'd just like to see all of this in a organized format, and also your thesis that you will be writing your paper on. I personally wouldn't be able to write a whole paper on cellphones, but it seems like you have a deeper judgement about it being a problem than me, so I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment