Monday, November 9, 2009

HW 4

Dear Hannah

I really enjoy how your post is simple and gets to the point quickly. Though you didn't write a lot, I can definitely understand your insight on the evolution of technology within our lives. I also concur with your opinion on how people want to be seen. Its never really about what is inside, but the reputation one gets out of what they have and their values.

I would like to dig deeply within the concept of a fantasy created around a real human being. Unlike interacting with one another face to face, IMing and other social networking sites allow you to hide various aspects which makes you who you are. I can definitely see how it can gradually impact the individual's consciousness of his/her true self over time.

The conversation you had with your friends Alice really does illustrate how we have changed as humans in such a short period of time. When physical interaction and even the most complex procedures was a norm before the invention of cellphones. It also helped build true friendship and stronger bonds between one another.

I have to come back to your first sentence on this one. I would love to hear more about your personal opinion on how we live in a fantasy world. For example: Do you currently pursuit a lifestyle where you are true to others? Or maybe you are unconsciously hiding behind the privacy social networking offers? I can honestly say that I hide various truths from people around me, only allowing people truly close to me see behind all the fashion and technology that cloaks me.

Your perspective makes me realize my flaws, and how I secretly rely on what the digital life offers. The way my digital life halts me from expressing feelings caged deep inside. How reputation within the community can make me act in ways that I personally may not think is righteous.

Overall, great post. From the beginning of the post to the very end, it really escalated my understanding of a perspective on digital life in which I have not thought of.

P.S. Thanks for the comment on my post. Im glad you can connect to my thoughts on how technology impacts us humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment